Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Blog Tagging - 25 Things You Don't Know

The Game - someone tags you in a post or in a blog and you have to write blaaaahh blah blah blah blaaahhh... Here's twenty five things that chances are you don't know about me... treat them well.

  1. I like socks... and underpants. If you know me well enough than you know that I have a large assortment of boxers and a myriad of socks... they are my guilty pleasures.
  2. I cannot STAND hair on carpets... something about it is just utterly revolting. Sometimes I gag.
  3. There is no room for pessimism in my life, but I've hung out with enough of you damned people that it's starting to rub off, and it really pisses me off. If I should make any complaint it would be that... pessimism... >.> wait.....
  4. I'm a lover of hot button topics, if I can squeeze in a controversial subject I will. I find joy when people can stand up for what they truly believe in and what they think is right, regardless of how I feel, so I get a genuine kick out of challenging people, and likewise...
  5. I have a hard time turning challenges down! I LOVE challenges, and anything that can puzzle my brain is even more noteworthy and tantalizing. There's something about proving people wrong about my capabilities, because in all honesty... that's why we issue challenges, because we know someone can't meet the ideals of expectations that we set forth for them. Which I think is another hot button subject.
  6. I test my friendships, and I have lost many of them in the same discourse. I need to know that the investment that I'm putting into someone is worthwhile and quality, very few have undergone the rigorous testing and actually come out sticking with me! It's also indicative of who likes being challenged, someone who faces challenges and adversity with a positive mind and open palm is welcome to call themselves friend! I'm not sorry if I've set too high a standard for friendship and some of you haven't met it. Chances are, I've failed to meet the standards of many people who have done the same to me. 
  7. I'm very self conscious of my body image. Someday I won't be. Today, I am.
  8. I have three sisters that I am obsessed with. Jesse, Nicole, Amber. Their advice is amazingly poignant and each one has such different perspectives, I truly am blessed to have them.
  9. I am blessed beyond belief to have two amazing brothers. That should be no secret, but I secretly love one and have come to respect all he is and all he does, for his fighter ability and amazing personal, physical, emotional and spiritual strength and the influence he is to me. And I secretly pretend like I'm a role model to the other one, with hopes that someday I get the tear jerking soul warming statement, "I'm proud of you Marsh. I want to be just like you." There is no better I could think of.
  10. I am an uncle, and I revel in that fact everyday.
  11. I. LOVE. TEACHING. It's the reason I teach elementary, it's the reason I taught Jr. High. I walk into my class every Monday and Friday with such an elation and joy in my heart. Sometimes they don't understand what I teach and sometimes, I don't understand what they learn, but there is something to it. I can't really explain it, but it has come to be the greatest blessing to me. When you find something that brings you joy, when you find something you love, you CAN'T NOT share it. I have a deep rooted and innate passion for music and theater and I can't not share it. Teaching is a blessing.
  12. I love too easily. My heart is stolen so quickly, and I get in to trouble even quicker because of it. I have a real problem falling for people, and in that time I set up worlds and heavens for us, and quickly, they come crashing down.  I don't why I do, especially since I KNOW I do, and I SHOULD make ammends to it... I'm not quite sure how. There is no emotion quite like love, and even for the heartache that accompanies it in the downfall, the bliss in the moment seems worth it, to build my desires and expectations, my passions and feelings, it's the most raw and human thing we as humans can do.
  13. I think. and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think and think. Point being, I never stop thinking, and it can be taken as a blessing or as a curse. Because my mind whirrs at a million miles an hour, when channeled correctly, it can make for some exceptional humor and quality wit, it is also the reason I have come to conquer a very calm and deliberate course of action, I don't know of a problem I haven't been able to work through, with or without help. But when let rampant, my mind can be a vile and deadly manor, filled with wanton thoughts and pointless images.
  14. Along those lines, although I live in constant fear, I can out reason myself into action. I have rarely NOT done or tried. The world's purpose is solely to be experienced, and I want to do just that, I have found many things that I love with all my heart and I stick close to those things music, teaching, theater, fishing, rock climbing, backpacking, camping, horseshoes, washers, biking, canyoneering, fires, learning, reading, writing, loving, giving, hugs and kisses. I can't fill ALL my days with ALL these things and I'm having a really hard time with the withdrawals that I'm having in a few of them (AHEM! ROCK CLIMBING!!!! ***NUDGE, NUDGE, WINK WINK!!!!!! if anybody wants to take me, I wouldn't turn down your invitation... but that's not important.), but I make plans to pursue these deep rooted passions and keep them with me always.
  15. I over analyze everything. Mostly in relationships, but in everything, overall. I don't like it either. I break apart peoples speech patterns, emotions, color schemes, body language, mannerisms, free time usage, glances, smiles, writings, hair styles, self care and lock it away in a little folder in the back of my mind, and everybody's everything is always there. And this is my problem, that because I do it, I simply assume that EVERYONE does it, and I watch very carefully everything I do for that reason, when truth is... NOBODY CARES!!! ....*sigh... I'm doomed.
  16. The imagination is hands down the most glorious thing we have. If there is one thing I will support with my very last dying breath, it would be the imagination. To see the affects that the image that someone had in their mind, put to paper, than to action, than to life in SOMEONE ELSE'S BRAIN!!!??? I find it so desperately sufferable. I LOVE. seeing people be creative, there is nothing like it. The imagination is beautiful and complex, astounding and heart warming, I'm lucky to be good friends with mine and I LOVE getting to know others'.
  17. More than anything, I fear being alone... not now, but... future tense... alone... I'm fine going to the movies by myself, eating out on my lonesome, taking walks with no one. I thoroughly enjoy it as a matter of fact.  But the fear of alone-ness means more something alone the lines of, I won't create all the memories I want to, or envision. I don't want to NOT have memories with those I love, I wish I could marry my best friends! ALL OF 'EM.
  18. Best friends. We've all got 'em, we all need 'em. I'm lucky to have: my most best friend in the whole world, Tiffanie. I don't need to write a whole lot about her for her to know how much she means, since there isn't a day that's gone by that we haven't talked to each other in the past four months... I think she understands what an influential and incredible part in my life she has come to play. Queer how life works :) Lifelong acquaintances, young adult soul mates, best friends for life. How did I get so lucky? - My most wonderful and beautiful sister Sissy (well... I guess your REAL name is Michaela huh? Nope! It's Sis!) When you can sit for hours and hours in silence as we have done on so many occasions, than you know you've found the soul you've been pining for, for so long. There is such a special place reserved in my heart for her, that no man can touch and that no words can taint and that no action can defile. - THE BEST brother Steve. When I'm looking for someone to share in an adventure with, I need look no further. When I need to be creative, there is no better support system, and when I'm down? Press play, let the harrowing cinema take place. We two escape this world quite often, a process that helps us to understand how lucky we are and how little is asked of us, how spoiled we are and what beautiful lives we live. I know of few people who could endeavor to make that journey with me, and few people who are as selfless and heartfelt and holistically giving. - My brother, my roommate, my best friend, and his family. It's always a relief (I assume for him as well) to be able to come home from the worst of days and just expel, my life, my story, my worries, my wants, my thoughts, my deeds, my day... it's so therapeutic to have your best friend be your brother and roommate in the same kick. Fellow movie commentator, guilty pleasure T.V. watcher (so what!? We like Degrassi? and Glee? AND New Girl? AND New Normal? AND American Horror Story? AND Southpark? AND Family Guy? AND My Little Pony? (mostly Luc) AND Modern Family?............ so what?), down time video game enthusiast, music appreciator, stupid humor lover, retarded picture sharer, YouTube video watcher, arguer and friend. - My dear dear lifelong friends, those who have changed me and supported me through thick and thin and who I love with all my heart, whom I could never forget for what they've done, the love they've given and the support they've shared / Kiera, Kayla, Ashley, Taylor, Abby, Josh, Nate, Ally, Tessa, Elise, Calee, Lorelle, Cameron, Cader, Nigel, Bryce, Agnes, Greg, Felix, Russell, just to name a few. Friends come and friends go, but I sure hope I hang on to these guys for the rest of my life, and I'm lucky to know that a couple of them are staying for sure, not many have they luxurious commodity!
  19. I feel like the luckiest man alive to be able to make a living out of what I love doing. I know of many who are stuck in jobs they don't like, and while I may never be the richest or most famous, I get to share what I love to those who need and want it the most, and in the mean time I get to spend all my hours, all the days, doing what I love. I may not always be able to scale mountains and pitch a baseball, or swim in the ocean or climb trees or pee outside or fish the rural lakes of the Uintas. I'll never stay young enough to play football forever or go running, shovel my front walk or mow my lawn, but I certainly will be able to write, appreciate writing, read, make music, listen to music, appreciate music, play music, tell stories, think up stories and act them out for as long as I live. I'm the luckiest man alive!
  20. I hate making lists or setting time limits... sad thing is... it's what I'm best at and do the most. I would much rather have things just go and do and be and occur and happen and live... I'm getting better, but I'm still stuck in expectations, lists and timer world... ya... it pretty much sucks.
  21. I'm disgustingly OCD. I've learned to control it very well, but sometimes I just can't stand things not being straight, aligned, in the same color scheme, dirty or out of place. Sometimes I just OCD crazy or fixing and cleaning and straightening and rearranging... but I'm much better, card games don't bother me anymore :D
  22. I filter a lot, few people, and I mean FEW like... I can count them on one hand and have room to spare, know how blunt and sometimes rudely honest I can be, but that's really who I am, most of the time I just filter out the wazoo to make you feel nice, but most of you haven't even pushed to the hot button subjects for conversations to be filterable at all... if that made any sense what so ever. Long story short on number twenty two, I'm a whitty smart ass with no filter and could care less about how you feel, the truth is the truth, yes, sometimes it hurts, but... tough nuts dude... I'm over it, you're over it. Look at how easy that was! ^.^
  23. I miss my Gram. I think about her often and I couldn't asked for a better childhood friend, and though our last five years together were not the most pleasant or ideal in their conditions, I got to spend them with her at my side, every step of the way. I miss you, and I love you. Thank you for watching over me and my family always. Every batch of cookies I bake, I do for you, the best Grandma ever, Audrey.
  24. Although I do have very unique ideas and feelings about the armed forces and war, they have my utmost respect and love, especially since two of my brothers and served and served well. I also LOVE the songs, all the anthems for each branch almost bring me to tears... here's a link if you're not certain what I'm talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I5BqvpkwmA 
  25. In my range of tasted foods, the only ones I can't eat are Cheetos, Pot stickers, and Egg rolls. I'm game for anything and everything else. I'm a HUGE food connoisseur, I firmly believe that there are only three universal languages; love, music and food. I'm fairly well acquainted with the first two and I'm getting to know the third better and better, those are the only three things that can cross any national border, can travel to any distant continent, journey to any distant land, and still be understood. Music, Love and Food.
Perhaps you've learned something about me, perhaps you don't care, but I'm playing the game too, so if you have a blog, or even if you don't! you've been tagged, you're now a part of the game, share with someone twenty five things that they might not know about you, step out of your comfort zone for a sec, let people inside your Fort Knox of emotions and feelings, go crazy. Happy Blogging! May God or whatever higher power you believe in grant you so many blessings that you have no more  room to receive them, until we meet again.

3 comments:

  1. I'm keepin you forever. And I'm so glad to know I will always have the whole bag of Cheetos all to myself :) you are amazing and wonderful and lovely and everything else good. I love you Marshall!! Thank you for being in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always and forever and ever Tiff! Thank you for being my life! I love you Tangerine! :$

      Delete
  2. I didn't know you love to teach. Maybe that's what it is in you that made me always know you will be a good missionary. I love it too. "I feels so good to be back in the classroom, " I always say.

    ReplyDelete