Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Simplicity of Love


“Who ever lov’d, that lov’d not at first sight?”
Is how Marlowe would have phrased it,
“Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?”
Are Shakespeare’s words befitted.

But why would I,
Yours truly, Love,
Decide to question beauty.

I made a stake
Beside your heart,
To love you is my duty

But pass away as all must do,
Lovers educe their inner dove.
I never questioned, never doubted,
Our trial sweet called love.

But fancy sweet the stanzas and rhymes,
I could smother with words all day,
But over wearing fancy clothes
Will result only in a fray.

I could never match the beauty,
I could never match the love,
Of those poets who wrote long ago,
And inspire me from above.

But one thing that I think I know,
And something you should too,
Are the simple things or words in life,
The most important: “I Love You.”

No comments:

Post a Comment