I wish people could here the music that world has to offer!
I don't just mean... MUSIC, I mean literal sounds that nature has to offer.... Here let me explain.
Today was a remedial action on my behalf. There was not one thing that happened that was in tandem with my life. My mother said she was worried about me (and I'm sure she is often, but she would never say anything... ESPECIALLY not to me!) and took me out to breakfast... a good start to a day huh? The capstone, finding my inner outdoors-man again. The most dear sweetheart that this world has to offer took me up for a hike in the canyon and for the first time in quite a while, there was nothing but love. I'm not sure she would feel the same way, but what I felt today was pure ecstasy. Hitting a small, man-made ravine first, we stopped and talked about dogs... I think... I'm not quite sure. I cannot explain what I felt today... other than the idea that, individual events didn't matter, rather it was one event and inside of that event there was no hate, no judgement, no negativity... not for a second, and I would trade in my life tenfold for that feeling to last only a moment longer.
We pushed farther... up to the falls where the wind off the water blew chilling whispers down your spine and where the mist tumbled horrendously towards your face, and the cold stung and the air chilled.
It felt refreshing.
It was something that I had not done in a while, been outdoors, and to be so careless in that moment made me realize how worthwhile life is. I laid in a cave of dead spiders, I washed my hair in a brook, I skipped stones on a pond no bigger than your kitchen and most importantly... I pretended to be tightrope walker while trying to cross a log that fallen and spanned the length of the small river... no not really... but I learned than and there, that life has much to offer you, and in a sense you can be picky about what you want to take from it or you can take everything and love all of it. For example, my example: I managed to love EVERY aspect of that hike and of that day and would not have traded it for anything, BUT I could be very picky in the sense that I wanted to share it with no one else but my little hoarding friend that I shared it with today.
When you can be reckless, when you can play in mud, when you can smash glass, talk to squirrels, recount your childhoods, tell stories, search for sloths, race leaves in the river, lay with dead spiders in a cave, stand under a fresh run-off waterfall, freeze to death, play freely, love openly, wander around in your bare feet, play in a creek, appreciate art, laugh at graffiti that THINKS it's art, chastise spiders, get sunburned, meet new friends, recall old ones, grace new people, share your secrets, and do it all with the ones you love, THEN! you have found what love truly is.
I was caught off guard today though, after freezing my tooshie off, in a waterfall I sat and gazed at probably two of the most beautiful things that I will ever gaze upon again. This dear girl, and the music that I SAW in the world around me. It was a literal entity and it graced not only the beauty of nature, but of her as well. I heard the music, and I played it, both in my mind and in my fingers. I felt it flow through me, and it sounded perfect in my head. God knows what she was thinking or doing, and (don't take this creepily) I couldn't help but stare... gawk if you will.
I had found paradise.
It was right there in the music, in the nature, in good company, in love and devotion and beauty and supple gratitude. And it hit me. So many people can't be grateful... so many people cannot realize how wonderful the world is that we live in, how awe inspiring its natural beauty is. Every leaf has a song, every rock has a prayer, every drop of water has a chant and every insect has shout. Nobody would know that though... nobody would look close enough to understand how amazingly fortunate we are to have what we have, to listen to the music, to take in the splendor and even sometimes... just stare.
I have music in me, and it shouts beautiful things and it whispers wonderful words and it cries amazing tales. I am what I am, and this is my story, and for once in my lifetime, I am learning to not care about what others think, or do. I will chart my own path and those who are willing to do the same are more than welcome company. Everyday, I am so grateful for every living breath and for what those breathes lead to... I have the music. And the Music has me.
No comments:
Post a Comment